Tuesday, November 30, 2010

76320 Minutes

53 days. That’s all that is left between me and motherhood. Give or take of course. I’m feeling extremely torn. On one hand, I am BEYOND ready to have this pregnancy be over, to have my body be mine again.. On the other hand, I have to realize that by wishing my pregnancy over, means I’m wishing for her to get here faster… which means, I’m a mom.

I don’t know for sure, but I’ve got a pretty good guess that becoming a parent is probably the biggest thing that can happen to a person in life. Nothing will be the same. I will officially no longer be my own top priority. There will always be someone on this earth that I will love more than myself, and who’s needs will always come first. There is going to be a living, breathing, real live person that I built from scratch. She will have her own body, mind, personality. She will be totally one of a kind, and she will be mine.

I’m ready for this pregnancy to be over. Am I ready for everything else that comes along with that? I guess I have to be. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment