Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Adventures in rainbow cupcakes

My bunny-boo wanted some cupcakes, and asked if I would make him some... so I tried out that rainbow cake thing in cupcake form. It was messy... really messy... It went like this..
Mix up some white cake mix....
Take a scoop (I'm not really down with measuring) of cake goo in to several different cups, and add a different color of food coloring to each cup... Gel food coloring works the best.
Plop a lil bit of one color in a cupcake paper... then do the next color on top.. and so on..
Bake them according to the box instructions.. take them out and let them cool.
Look how pretty!
For frosting, I'm not really down with the super sweet canned stuff, so I mixed some cool-whip up with some instant vanilla pudding mix.. just the right amount of sweet. Frost um... and eat um.. YUMM!

No comments:

Post a Comment